Saturday, May 10, 2014

Letter to Mom

Mother,

I have struggled for weeks thinking what to give you for Mother's Day. What could I possibly get you that you didn't already have? What could I get you that would even remotely equal all you have given me? It was suggested I write you a nice card. I thought this might be more permanent plus my handwriting is terrible as we all know.

Mother you amaze me continually. Somehow you find time to treat each of your 6 children as if they were an only child. You involve yourself with each Grandkid and Great Grandkid. I am not sure how you find the time to volunteer at the marathon I am running, sew a quilt for a newborn, watch a 1 year old spill crayons, call people on their birthdays, run your business and be a wife to our Father for the last 50 years.

Mother you are the go to person in our family for everything from buying cars, school loans, planning parties, to how to make our computers run more efficiently. You are the glue that holds this family together. Without you we would just be a group of people that share the same last name. You make family a priority in a way that we children with our busy lives sometimes forget.

You are the most incredible woman I have ever met. Even these words just don't seem adequate. I am not sure what else I can say except I hope even one person feels about me the way I feel about you.

I love you Mom
Happy Mothers days

No comments:

Post a Comment