Monday, August 26, 2013

What Have You Done For Your Country Today?


What have you done for your country today? It's a running joke in our household. I ask this of my kids on a regular basis. They usual look at me with a blank stare and then come up with an answer. When I ask this I am never expecting anything revolutionary. Often the answer is as simple as " I washed the dishes." " How does that help our country? Well if my son washes the dishes then his mother and I don't have to. Then  we can go to work to make some money so that we can feed the engines of commerce with said money. Money makes the economy grow and we continue to be the greatest nation on earth. At least that is how I see it.

Helping our country does not necessarily means something political. Being a useful productive citizen is what it is all about. Volunteerism, hard work, being productive..what have you done for your country today?



No comments:

Post a Comment