Sunday, July 8, 2012

Special Operations Warrior Foundation and Dances with Dirt Ultramarathon


Although I usually use this blog to tell my random thoughts, with only 1 week to go before my next Ultramarathon I would like to make another plea for donations to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. As stated on their website the mission of SOWF is to:


Mission Statement



The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families.


I am running a 50 Mile Ultramarathon on 7.14.12 to raise money for this worthy cause. Last year we raised $315, this year through the outstanding generosity of all involved we have raised almost $1500. I think we can still make our goal of $2000 before the donation page closes on September 14 2012.

Just click the donate button on the upper right hand side of the blog? or go here to my donation page 
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/michaelmcelmeel/danceswithdirt50mileultramarathon


What are you waiting for?








No comments:

Post a Comment