Sunday, June 19, 2016

Schuetzen Nein Hour Endurance Run

I had been wanting to do a timed ultra event for awhile. This race was local, in a cool venue and the RD was the ever diabolical Joshua Sun. Josh puts on great races with awesome atmosphere but they are never easy. This one was no different. Continuous .85 mile loop in which you were going up or going down. No real flat spots to speak of. But the park was beautiful and the day was hot!! Did I mention it was Africa hot? You can see in my split times as the heat and hills started grinding away at my endurance. Like being eaten to death by a thousand gold fish. I pulled the plug at about 4 hours and 16 loops due to some cramping issues. I did get in a half marathon and a good day on the trails. Next year I get in more!!



Entrance
Down Hill
Turn Left





This obstacle got bigger



Obligatory Selfie


The push up place. I did 10 pushups for every lap here. Got 160 in


Another "large" obstacle




Touch the Yeti!!!

Mr. Pigglesworth






No comments:

Post a Comment